James Wesley, Rawles has been in law enforcement for the past 18 years. He recently wrote a blog on SurvivalBlog expressing his concern with law enforcement teachings, specifically in regards to potential domestic terrorism.
Wesley points out the change of law enforcement training sponsors.
Before they were supported by the “local community” but now Big Brother ( represented here by the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, and the Transportation Security Agency) dominates the training sessions and is concerned with profiling potential terrorists.
According to Wesley this list contains traits and characteristics that Big Brother believes make you a potential terrorist:
- Holding Second Amendment-oriented views. (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
- Reading survivalist literature. (fictional books such as “Patriots” and “One Second After” are mentioned by name)
- Being self-sufficient (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
- Fearing economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
- Holding religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
- Expressing fears of Big Brother or big government (Oops)
- Being homeschooled
- Declaring Constitutional rights and civil liberties
- Believing in a New World Order conspiracy
Wesley observes how easy it can be to target someone as a potential terrorist. Here he remembers a lecture that uses a plumber as an example:
The officers were told how to use his employment as a plumber as further evidence of terrorism. The suspect’s employment would be described as an elaborate scheme to justify possessing pipes and chemicals so as to have bomb making materials readily available
To drive the point home Wesley puts it in laymen’s turns:
It is easy to frame anyone for possessing bomb making materials (or other crimes) if the officer knows what items to list in the report and how to link these items to terrorism.
Wesley goes on to provide multiple ways to calm polices’ phobia of anything without a badge. But after reading this article, meant to enlighten us on how to avoid an ignorant fascist militant dictatorship, my fear of Big Brother’s constant oppressive presence has only been reinforced.
Via: Survival Blog